Last updated: 12 December 2019
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all of our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within two days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This normally involve the following steps.
- We will pass your complaint to Steven Mendelson, our Client Care Principal, within three days.
- He will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five days.
- Steven Mendelson will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. And, if necessary, he will also speak to them. This will take up to three days from receiving their reply and the file.
4. Steven Mendelson may then invite you to a meeting and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within three days.
5. Within two days of the meeting, Steven Mendelson will write to you, to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr Mendelson will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within five days of completing the investigation.
6. At this stage, if you are still dissatisfied, you should contact us again We will then review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Steven Mendelson will review his decision within ten days.
- We will ask the Law Society or another firm of solicitors to review your complaint within five days.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation within five days.
- We will always inform you how long each process will take.
7. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the decision. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We inform you how to contact the Consumer Complaints Service who will deal with the complaint if you are still dissatisfied. If there will be a delay in any of the timescales above, we will let you know.